Bug Week 2019 is July 22nd – 28th. Programs will be updated later this spring.
Please visit our registration site to RSVP for the lineup of Bug Week programs you can participate in:
Pests and Guests – Cooking with Bugs, Games and More – Monday, July 23rd from 5:30 PM to 8 PM
- Activities include: cooking with bugs, games and demos for the whole family, and learning about bugs in the garden. Those with shellfish allergies should not consume food at this event. Please RSVP at the registration site above, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-486-9228
Postponed until Tuesday due to rain! Pollinators with Auerfarm – Monday, July 23rd from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM. Rain date is Tuesday, July 24th.
- The event will have station on the beehive, pollinator plants and a hands-on make and take activity. Open to youth and adults. Please RSVP at the registration site above, email email@example.com or call 860-486-9228
Postponed until Friday due to the rain! Insect Wonders at the Farm – at Spring Valley Student Farm – Tuesday, July 24th from 9-11 AM. The rain date is Friday, July 27th
- Join UConn Extension faculty and Spring Valley Student Farm staff and students for an interactive, fun-filled ‘buggy’ event. Learn about our amazing and important insect friends by collecting and observing them. Activities for the whole family will include insect collecting, insect-inspired crafts, Bug-Bingo and a scavenger hunt.
Tour of the Insect Collections – Thursday, July 26th. Tours will be held at 1 PM, 2 PM and 3 PM.
AntU Day – Thursday, July 26th from 12:30 PM – 4:00 PM
- 12:30 – 4:00pm: ‘Be Our Guest’ Collection and Exhibit Activities for All AgesCelebrate Bug Week and learn something new! • Meet AntU team members and our giant 12-foot ant • Learn about army ant ‘guests’ and take a fun souvenir (or three) home • Identify specimens at microscope stations • Test drive and provide feedback on our new database • Check out the live fungus-growing ant colony • Tour the Biodiversity Research Collections • See ‘Astonishing Army Ants’, the movie • Get FREE AntU Dairy Bar ice creamEscape to the UConn Rainforest! • Pick up your map for the new scavenger hunt, then find some insect pollinators in the EEB GreenhouseAntU Day is presented by the CT State Museum of Natural History and the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary BiologyAntU Day Flyer+Info: http://s.uconn.edu/antuday2018Army Ant Guest Collection Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UConnArmyAntGuests/Army Ant Guest Collection website: http://biodiversity.uconn.edu/ant-guests/This event is free and open to the public! Directions are available at https://biodiversity.uconn.edu/how-to-get-here/UConn Extension Bug Week is a College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources annual event. Extension is offering many amazing Bug Week programs this year. See the entire line-up at: http://bugs.uconn.edu/
Bug Walks in Vernon (24 Hyde Avenue) – Saturday, July 28th 10 AM – 1 PM. Held rain or shine.
- Bug Walks will be at 10:15 and 11:45 AM. Find out all about insects and where to look for them at Bug Walks at the Tolland Agricultural Center in Vernon. The program will have live insects on display, right out in the open, plus part of the insect collection from the UConn Natural History Museum, as well as three bug hunts that include going to the butterfly/ pollinator garden and the vegetable garden on the property.
Bug Week at the Connecticut Science Center – Monday, July 23rd through Saturday, July 28th
- Lots of things are buzzing around at the Connecticut Science Center during Bug Week. Spend some time in the tropical Butterfly Encounter, participate in bug-themed Live Science programming, come hear a bug themed story during Story Time, and be sure to explore what is flying around the Rooftop Garden. Programs are open to all ages. Please visit the Connecticut Science Center for ticket prices.
You can register for any of the programs at http://s.uconn.edu/4ac. If you have questions about any of our programs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-486-9228. Programs are free of charge for all participants, except for the program at Connecticut Science Center, and sponsored by UConn Extension and the Connecticut Museum of Natural History. We do require RSVP for all programs as space is limited.
If you require accommodations to participate in any of these programs, please contact email@example.com or 860-486-9228 at least 48 hours prior to the event.